Some recent publications:
- 2007. "Some issues in the study of language contact." Journal of Language Contact (JLC) First Thema Issue: Language Contact: Framing its Theories and Descriptions, 2007.
Download from the following website: http://cgi.server.uni-frankfurt.de/fb09/ifas/jlccms/repository/thema-i/index_en.html
- 2007. (with Bettina Migge). "The influence of Gbe languages on the tense/aspect systems of the Surinamese creoles". In B. Migge and N. Smith (eds.). Transatlantic Sprachbund? Special issue of the Journal of Pidgin and Creole Languages, Vol. 22:1, 2007.
- 2007. Language Contact in Amazonia and Australia. Review Article. Language 83, 2007.
- 2008. (with Bettina Migge) "Surinamese Creoles: Morphology and syntax". In Varieties of English 2: The Americas and the Caribbean, ed. by Edgar W. Schneider, 693-731. Berlin: Mouton De Gruyter.
- 2008. "English in the Caribbean" In Michael Matto and Haruko Momma (eds). A Companion to the History of the English language, 413-423. Oxford: Blackwell.
- 2008. "Processes of creolization and related contact-induced change". Journal of Language Contact (JLC) Second Thema Issue, 2008.
Download from the following website: http://cgi.server.uni-frankfurt.de/fb09/ifas/jlccms/repository/thema-ii/index_en.html
- 2008. Atlantic Creole Syntax. In Handbook of Pidgin and Creole Languages, ed, by Silvia Kouwenberg and John Singler,
- 2009. "The interplay of "universals" and contact-induced change in the emergence of New Englishes." In Vernacular universals and language contacts: Evidence from varieties of English and beyond, ed. by Markku Filppula, Juhani Klemola and Heli Paulasto, pp. 206-230. London: Routledge.
- 2009. (with Bettina Migge) . "The origin and development of possibility in the Surinamese creoles." In Gradual Creolization: Studies celebrating Jacques Arends, CLL 34, ed. by Rachel Selbach, Hugo C. Cardoso & Margot van den Berg, 129-153. Amsterdam: John Benjamins
- 2009. "On the unity of contact phenomena: the case of borrowing." In Multidisciplinary Perspectives on Code-switching, ed. by Kees De Bot, Ludmila Isurin and Donald Winford, pp 279-305. Amsterdam: John Benjamins.
Some papers to download:
"The origin and development of possibility in the Surinamese creoles."
Contact-induced change: Classification and Processes.
Substrate influence on the emergence of the Surinamese creoles.